Hi everyone so we are back with another blog post, and we're still obsessing over our NEW launches; the SNI Miracle Growth & Thicken & Repair Shampoo & Conditioner. Today we want to talk to you about why SLS free Shampoo & Conditioner matters. It's amazing how many people don't understand the importance of going SLS free BUT we're about to break it down for you all What is SLS? OK, so SLS stands for Sodium Laureth Sulfate which is a harsh synthetic detergent and foaming agent that corrodes in order to clean. Companies use SLS to create a rich lather, so when we wash our hair we feel like it’s clean because we visually see the foaming action. And for decades this ‘foaming action’ has been used in hair advertisements making us think that foaming is linked to cleanliness of hair. However in reality this isn’t the case, foaming doesn’t add any kind of benefit or value it’s actually unnecessary and isn’t a requirement of a good shampoo. Why is it so bad? Many of us don’t feel completely clean unless we use see foaming from our shampoos. However, the sulphates which are responsible for producing this luxurious foam can be harsh and drying, leaving hair frizzy. Ingredients typically contained in regular shampoos have been proven to reduce the size of hair follicles, irritate and disrupt oil glands, dry out the scalp, which ultimately can result in hair loss. Here's some other reason to why SLS free Shampoo & Conditioner matters:
- It is a known to irritant skin. SLS is thought to irritate the skin by disrupting the natural oils that maintain the skin's integrity. This not only leads to direct damage, but also reduces the skin's ability to keep out allergens. It also strips hair of moisture, making it more prone to frizz.
- It has corrosive properties. According to the American College of Toxicity, this includes corrosion of the fats and proteins that make up skin and muscle. SLS can be found in garage floor cleaners, engine degreasers, and car wash soaps. So, you can imagine the harsh and damaging effects it's having on your hair.
- Long-term permeation of the body’s tissues. A study from the University of Georgia Medicine showed that SLS had the power to permeate the eyes, brain, heart, and liver.
- It’s an eye irritant. It causes uncomfortable stinging if you get any in your eyes when you’re rinsing out your hair.
- Manufacturing process is highly polluting, emitting cancer-causing volatile organic compounds, sulfur compounds, and air particulates.
- It helps other chemicals get into your body. SLS is a penetration enhancer, meaning that its molecules are so small they’re able to cross the membranes of your body’s cells. Once cells are compromised, they become more vulnerable to other toxic chemicals that may be with the SLS.
- SLS free - Wave goodbye to chemically foamed Shampoo. Free of Sodium Laureth Sulfate which means it won't foam up so much as regular Shampoos, and reverses the harmful effects of regular Shampoo.
- 93.5% Natural Plant based - Suitable alternative for those who do not want to place hazardous chemical on their hair and skin.
- Silicone & Paraban free - Minimises allergic reactions to the scalp.
- Main ingredient 'Oat Protein' - This uplifting, naturally scented shampoo focuses on restoring protein structure and health of each strand as well as cleansing the scalp effectively without foaming.
- SLS free / 93.5% Natural Plant based & Silicone & Paraban free
- Superfood Shampoo - This formula uses 3 special natural ingredients (Horsetail extract, Baobab oil and sandalwood) known by scientists to help hair loss and growth. You can call this our superfood shampoo as it contains all the Omegas 3,6 and 9, antioxidants, vitamins A,D,E and F as well as a rich source of Silica.
- 6 Plant Based Oils - Our Miracle Growth Conditioner is powered with 6 plant based oils, a natural plant alternative to silicone called Cationic honey. The Pro vitamin B5 and Olive Squalene helps promote longer, thicker and stronger hair.
More from: Hair Care